Photos by Brant Wilson/RBRBoxing

On Saturday, August 26 Floyd Mayweather will take on Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The fight is a scheduled 12-round Super Welterweight matchup–but don’t tell McGregor that.

The UFC superstar is confident that he’ll be able to end things early, especially with a new announcement from the Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday that approved the use of eight-ounce gloves.

“I’m very happy with the way the NSAC handled it,” said McGregor of the glove approval on a scheduled media conference call on Thursday afternoon. “They were very fair throughout. I’m very happy with it.”

McGregor, who had previously stated during the four-city press tour that he would end things in four rounds, now feels he can end things even earlier.

“Now that the gloves are eight ounces I don’t believe he’ll make it out of the second round,” said McGregor.

Regarding what gloves he’ll wear in the Mayweather fight. “We’re still discussion with that.”

 

The post Conor McGregor Confident He’ll Stop Floyd Mayweather in 2 appeared first on Round By Round Boxing.