“I’m excited and happy for the opportunity to fight Pacquiao. It’s an honor. But it’s also a risk because it’s the first defense of my title. More than anything though, I’m excited and honored.”
“I’ve faced a lot of tough opponents, but not with his [Pacquiao’s] style. I’ve faced a lot of southpaws including Zab Judah and Devon Alexander, so I don’t have any difficulties facing southpaws.”
“My two fists are my strongest assets as a fighter. I always prepare for 12 rounds, but I’m always hoping to finish the fight by knockout.”
“Fighting a legend like Pacquiao is about pride. I feel great to fight a future Hall of Famer like him. It would be very huge for my career to defeat him.”
“Pacquiao has done a lot throughout his career. He’s still a great fighter and he must not be underestimated. We’ve defeated Freddie Roach’s fighters before, so it doesn’t make any difference that he will not be in Pacquiao’s corner for this fight.”
“I’ve seen Pacquiao many times, but I had never met him in person. Today is the first time I met him face-to-face.”
“My style is to be aggressive. Obviously, I’ll have a game plan and may need to adjust during the fight, but that’s my style.”
“I’ve been training in Argentina already. I will start my camp very soon in Indio, Calif. with Joel Diaz.”
- 10-12 days before the fight he will arrive to Malaysia
- Matthysse is the no. 1 athlete in Argentina
- In his free time, Matthysse loves to fish, but Pacman will be his biggest catch
- Matthysse will continue to train under Joel Diaz for this fight
- This will be the first defense of his regular WBA Welterweight Title
- There will be another press conference in Malaysia tomorrow
Photos by Wendell Alinea, MP Promotions and Events, Inc.
The post Lucas Matthysse Manila Press Conference Quotes and Photos appeared first on Round By Round Boxing.